View Single Post
      05-19-2023, 04:26 PM   #24
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagekko View Post
FL real estate is mostly out of control in the coastal areas. Unfortunately that is one of the OP's requirements. A booming area of FL is Ocala, use to play golf there at a great course and can't believe when I heard its a hot alternative. 2800 properties for sale there, I dont think there was 2800 in the whole town back when I use to visit. Plenty of 400k brand new homes being built there.
Well my expectations keep changing as I learn more. I just do not have the income to brute force my way into the coastal areas, and anything that is priced lower is a complete dump. Hell, I've seen more than a few properties priced above $500k that are still complete dumps. Not only is it the purchase price itself, but the taxes and insurance. Lender said today there is like $2k taxes just for schools. I don't even have kids.. and I won't ever have them. So, that being said, I'm going to have to re-target my search more inland and just compromise to be satisfied with driving a bit for the beach. Ocala is quite a bit further north than I would like to be, though.
Appreciate 0