View Single Post
      02-07-2024, 09:49 AM   #37
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
After a while you get to know your patients. During evening shifts, you usually have more time to spend with them and just chit-chat about this and that and what can we do to make their stay more comfortable. And that often included food.
Hospitalization is often associated with bad times. Not in my book, personally I had a nice time, exiting in better shape than when I entered as "poly trauma" (traffic accident). A positive mindset, doctors and nurses were instrumental in this.

My litmus test: each time yet another nurse had to administer an injection or to replace a cannula or IV lines, closely observe the level of care/caution in preparing and administering (the ticking on a vial or syringe, replacement of an IV bag, the way they gently take or rather grab your arm whilst saying "it won't hurt", the pinching of the needle and administering time, the "et voilą" possibly accompanied by a smile once the needle has been removed, etc.). Even when they're doing this routine action for the zillionth time, it may give you a quick glance of how dedicated and professionally skilled the nurse is, but often also may offer to some extent a silhouette or indication of how they are as a person and what they think about patients.
2000cs3514.50
hubbahubba8904.50
Llarry16469.50