View Single Post
      06-10-2018, 03:41 AM   #15
Bigmouth Studio
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
As a Z4 fans, I must say the new G29 has retained most of the successful element for a roadster. However, this time I have a little bit reservation to put my money to the dealer right away.

9 years ago, I put my deposit to the dealer for a new E89 just after I saw the photo. I think this was the most beautiful roadster I have even seen. No test drive, no question about the spec. I am still driving my E89 everyday because the beautiful outlook and most importantly the hard top.

G29 returned back to soft top, I think it is a regression. Modern open top should be hard top rather than soft top. Furthermore, the head protection system looks the same. A cover like the concept car will be much appearing. Furthermore, the power train still based on normal gasoline engine. Hybrid should be the basic for modern day.

I know BMW wanted to have a high performance roadster. I totally agree. But without significant modernized progression, I think the sales number will not be great. By the way, the new cockpit is very nice. However this is not the first BMW fully digitized cockpit, X5 will be the first one. This further diminished the selling point of G29!
Appreciate 0