Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Not cheap here, $60K for a vert with taxes and that's a super special end of year sale for an in-stock example, it's be $65K+ otherwise. But that gets you a near base 997.1 911 soooooooo food for thought.
True - but now you are comparing a new modern car to a Porsche that is seriously old tech, a body style that is 2 generations old, and a car that is more than a decade old with serious engine failure issues (IMS was still a major concern in the 997.1 platform).

Top all of this off with the fact that the driving style is night and day. I've driven a 997.1 S many times and really flogged them too. The lack of torque is a serious problem with that car. It just doesn't "feel" fast. My MINI feels so much faster than the 997 going up onramps and from stop light to stop light, it's just insane.

The 997 is a wonderful car - but the driving style is so vastly different when compared to either a Mustang or the BMW M2, that it's hard for me to understand why that would be a hard choice.

Personally - I can't stand the look or the interior of a Mustang, so that's a non-starter for me. I love the look and interior of the Camaro, but you can't see shit out of the thing and it feels massive, even though it is much smaller than it used to be.

I'd likely buy a 981 Cayman before I bought a 997 Carrera. Just my 2c.