View Single Post
      06-16-2020, 11:56 AM   #63
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I've been working through the lockdown. Although the number of cars on the road was greatly reduced, the number of morons greatly increased. The roads were like the wild west. Complete lawlessness. Due to the reduced traffic, the speed on the highways skyrocketed. It's not often people blow past me. I can't even begin to count the people blowing dead red lights.

Fast forward, as things are beginning to open up and traffic is increasing, it is chaos. Those that got used to the empty roadways are now dealing with traffic again and aren't happy about it.

May I add that I find a direct correlation between people driving alone wearing masks and clueless driving. I think the mask might cut the air supply to the brain.

Be safe out there.

Yeah tell me about it. I mean, I admit I'm guilty of increasing my speed too, but I'm still aware while driving.

A few nights ago I left the office at midnight or so and was sitting at the light by my office to make a left (red light for me). Just watching the cars come down the hill on my left side, I see their light go yellow, so I watch most of them slow down.

Except for one. Who slowed down...my light turns green, but I've still got my eye on him, and sure enough, he could easily stop, but decides to just keep moving on slowly through the intersection and make a left. Had I not been watching, he would have T-boned me for sure.

So I moved out a little into him, while leaning on the horn the whole time he's executing this masterful move, hoping to scare him a little. Not sure if it had the desired effect, but maybe he'll be more careful next time.
Appreciate 0