View Single Post
      10-04-2019, 08:25 AM   #60
hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
That seems inordinately high. I paid $115/ft to build my house in town - and it was built by a well known builder and is in a new subdivision with sidewalks, sod grass, and more.

Excluding the land, the new home cost approx. $80/ft - but it was a log home and I also assisted in many of the items to cut down on labor costs.
Custom build, though?

When we built our house in Pineville in 2015, it was semi-custom, in an HOA neighborhood (sidewalks, lights, clubhouse/pool, etc), sod, 10ft ceilings on the main floor, solid wood floors on the main floor, detached 2-story/2-car garage, fiber cement siding, crawlspace, etc. Including the lot was about $125/ft.

Custom, one-off builds are more expensive. The builder doesn't have any economy of scale for any subs built into the scenario if it's only one house. If it's a neighborhood of 700 houses, that changes. Right?

The custom builder in NC we talked to before moving back home was at $185/ft or so, not including the land. When we talked to a custom builder up here, he quoted us $175-$180 for a slightly smaller home, same finishes.

Appreciate 0