View Single Post
      07-20-2019, 11:24 AM   #194
mfindigital
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Oh come on, don't be ridiculous, you brought up the mid-engine chassis and how it must have all sorts of disadvantages and how GM can't possibly overcome these with design. I have a bridge to sell you on the topic of the RSR...Speaking of drastic, Porsche DID have to do something drastic, they had to come out with the new GT2 and GT3, in 2017, the Z06 was beating the GT3 around Nurburging. Easily beats the Turbo S. That's not even the highest level for GM, so you can bet cars like the ZL1 and Z06 have forced Porsche to respond with even faster models, but it comes at a cost, especially with an inherent disadvantage like a rear engine chassis. It's still possible to make it faster...it just takes a lot more money, it also makes it easier for your competitors to match the performance when they re-design
Mid engine will always be advantageous to a rear engine. Porsche themselves know this and have been limiting the cayman because of it.
Efthreeoh17202.00