07-20-2019, 12:30 PM   #195
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Oh come on, don't be ridiculous, you brought up the mid-engine chassis and how it must have all sorts of disadvantages and how GM can't possibly overcome these with design. I have a bridge to sell you on the topic of the RSR...Speaking of drastic, Porsche DID have to do something drastic, they had to come out with the new GT2 and GT3, in 2017, the Z06 was beating the GT3 around Nurburging. Easily beats the Turbo S. That's not even the highest level for GM, so you can bet cars like the ZL1 and Z06 have forced Porsche to respond with even faster models, but it comes at a cost, especially with an inherent disadvantage like a rear engine chassis. It's still possible to make it faster...it just takes a lot more money, it also makes it easier for your competitors to match the performance when they re-design
I'm sorry you have such reading comprehension issues. You are putting words in my mouth and claiming I was generalizing on all mid-engine chassis with your "all sorts of disadvantages" accusation above. The only comments I made were in regards to this C8 and how I am skeptical about how Chevy will fare going from front-engined to mid-engined, and I even used Chevy's own claims and statements about the C8 to provide context around my concerns. Why are you so butthurt over this? I have no brand prejudice against Chevy. Just concerns and reservations about this new Corvette. Who knows, one day I might end up buying one (I cross-shopped the C7 Grand Sport against my M240i), but as of now, I stand by my comments and observations. Quit crying over what I think or the fact that Porsche currently makes the faster car. "Had" to come out with the new GT2 and GT3? More like WERE going to come out with it. Just as they will with the 992 generation.