Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Trying to figure out the best drivers to have ever lived is impossible and with over 100 years of Motorsport 3 of your top 4 of all time were all racing in 2012, not buying your list. Then Hamilton looks like the best driver right now and one of the best of all time as every race he starts he is pretty much guaranteed first or second as long as the car is running at the end and he does a decent job.

Then, when they were both running he normally beat Rosberg but hardly dominated him and would anyone put Rosberg in the top 20 of all time? If one of the top 4 best drivers of all time I would have expected more. Hamilton got pole 12 to 9 and race wins 10 to 9 when Rosberg only needed to come in 2nd for the last 4 races.

If MB is as dominant next year as they were this year Lewis will be only racing his teammate again, so you're probably right, he should dominate but not sure what it really means. He will dominate the field as long as he dominates his teammate.
I agree that it would be difficult to compile a credible list of the top 4 that included only drivers of the last 15 years. I think all can believe that he is one of the top 10 of all time and one of the top 3 statistically. I honestly think that he is one of the top 5 of the last 20 years which is basically ALO, MSC, SEN, HAM, and PRO. I would include the 4x champion VET in the top 6.

Go back and watch his early seasons. HAM has had epic races in the rain including the amazing race at Silverstone where he bet the entire field by over a minute and carries one distinction that no other driver in the history of F1 carries: He has won a race in each of the different formulae that have made up F1 since he joined the circus. No driver in the history of F1 has done so and it includes the horrible MP4-24 and MP4-25.

If HAM had won the WDC this year I'd say that he would eclipse MSCs 7 WDCs but now it is definitely in question. I think he'll pass MSC in race wins but WDCs will be a challenge.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
Ramos862.50
Taskmaster2465.00