United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.t View Post
Two words missing from this sentance Ross Brawn
I missed this by 100% in my earlier post. Ross Brawn is a master organizer and assembled the structure to build a Multiple World Championship team.

I was their guest at the German GP in 2012 and met Ross, Niki, MSC, ROS, and quite a few members of the team as well as Bernd Maylander.

Their entire success today rest on the foundation Ross Brawn built. It's a shame he didn't stick around. I can almost guarantee that the shenanigans around the drivers wouldn't have occurred. ROS would have been benched after the Spa incident. Guaranteed.
Absolutely. Brawn basically took Honda and spun that team around, clinching the titles in 09'. Later he sold half the share to Mercedes, and thats when the Mercedes outfit emerged, and Mercedes pulled from McLaren eventually. Brawn was the genius as he always was with Benetton and Ferrari, but guess who was always next to him developing that car, Schumi . Except in 09, it was solely on Brawn.