Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Where in Europe?
Don't see the relevance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Not following why you would bother buying 2 cars in Canada and then immeditely shipping them to Europe. Everything from hassle to warranty becomes far simpler if you buy them there.

I think purchased warranties are a waste of money in the long term. They sell you a warranty, paying sales people, literature, overhead, claims people, then after paying claims still make a good profit. They also do whatever possible to not pay the claim. If you have the money to live part time in Canada and Europe, shipping two cars over to use them part of the year in Europe, can't you just have a few thousand dollars in the bank to cover unforseen out of warranty repairs? Long term the vast majority would come out ahead doing this over forever buying extended warranties.
First of all, there is no hassle. It costs me $3000 to ship 2 cars with a friend of mine.
Secondly, cars are cheaper in Canada and they come loaded with a package or two while there you must pick every little item which is annoying. Another car is already paid for and want to ship it there as I will buy a different vehicle here. I do not want to sell it as I will loose money after one year (I buy them cash) and is low km. Plus, my cars are pretty much special orders. Here it has three years of warranty left, there one?
Third, I have ordered a special edition vehicle that is not available in Europe.
Fourth, it is not about money or unforeseen issues as it is about the discrepancies between the warranties offered here versus there. WHY? A warranty should be the same and fulfilled everywhere. I mean, one reason I buy a new car for is warranty since a used one can get some problems and a new one not really; I mean dollars here, or dollars there? Same story but have a new car... Or in this case, I don't see the reason to spend that extra cash for a vehicle when the warranty is soo little as I am practically in a similar boat since the "unlimited mileage" will not do it for me as I will never put the mileage anyway.
Fifth, I buy the cars new and always bought extra warranty.

I am a man of principles and I will fight for a principle (or refuse to buy for that matter for a principle).
There should be no differences as the vehicles are the same and from the same manufacturer.
Why the discrimination?

Last edited by Teutonic; 12-18-2020 at 12:23 PM..
Appreciate 0