12-18-2020, 01:55 PM   #7
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
First of all, there is no hassle. It costs me $3000 to ship 2 cars with a friend of mine.
Secondly, cars are cheaper in Canada and they come loaded with a package or two while there you must pick every little item which is annoying. Another car is already paid for and want to ship it there as I will buy a different vehicle here. I do not want to sell it as I will loose money after one year (I buy them cash) and is low km. Plus, my cars are pretty much special orders. Here it has three years of warranty left, there one?
Third, I have ordered a special edition vehicle that is not available in Europe.
Fourth, it is not about money or unforeseen issues as it is about the discrepancies between the warranties offered here versus there. WHY? A warranty should be the same and fulfilled everywhere. I mean, one reason I buy a new car for is warranty since a used one can get some problems and a new one not really; I mean dollars here, or dollars there? Same story but have a new car... Or in this case, I don't see the reason to spend that extra cash for a vehicle when the warranty is soo little as I am practically in a similar boat since the "unlimited mileage" will not do it for me as I will never put the mileage anyway.
Fifth, I buy the cars new and always bought extra warranty.

I am a man of principles and I will fight for a principle (or refuse to buy for that matter for a principle).
There should be no differences as the vehicles are the same and from the same manufacturer.
Why the discrimination?
I work for a manufacturer and we have different warranties depending on where the product was sold and where it is now, we can write almost anything we want into the warranty as long as it doesn't break the law (time of warranty isn't an issue). We have all types of exclusions and requirements for us to pay out on the warranty (use, where it is repaired, mileage, time, what is covered, exclusions). If you own a car or want to buy one and take it to another country I suggest you read the warranty. Good luck on your fight and principles, my money is on them and how their warranty is written. There is no discrimination, much like the price, the warranty changes depending on the country you are in.