Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0011 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0011 View Post
Consumers will vote with their wallets. My vote will be NO.
I always wonder why people say things like this. Who cares? Certainly not BMW as sales have been good this year outselling MB in September. In the consumer world you don't really matter as an individual as there's always a lineup of people that will take your place purchasing the product. Your NO vote isn't hurting BMW.
Let me unpack this for you bud. What you have is a text book "straw man" argument.

A straw man is a form of argument and an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.

I stated 2 facts.

1. Consumers will vote with their wallets. This is an undisputed fact. Some will buy the car and some won't.

2. I will not.

Your straw man argument states that I believe BMW cares what I do and that I matter as an individual.

It may turn out that new Frankengrille will be a sales hit. It may not. I simply stated that I will not buy the car. I did it on a car forum under a relevant topic.
Rant over.
If you don't believe that bmw cares about your opinion, then why proclaim your intentions on a public forum?
Appreciate 0