03-28-2022, 04:24 PM   #25
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
So 1% is that huge gap between Russel and Hamilton?
I mean they have the same cars right?

I mean porpoising is probably their main problem (and a mechanical problem), but I think they have more (pretty big) problems besides that.
The major difference between Russel and George was setup. When I used to do time attack if my dampers were out of tune due to it being disassembled and reinstalled I could not get good lap times because the car was either way too understeery or it would just get snap over steer and I would never be able to push it as hard as I normally could and thus a loss in lap time. So it is 100% feasible Hamilton got a crap setup and couldn't push the car hard. So just because the cars are the same doesn't mean lap times will be the same, setup is important. For example if you drove two identical cars back to back, the car with the damper setup incorrectly would have slower laptimes.

Besides proposing their next issue is downforce, and that is reduced due to porpoising, and the last part is drag due to the larger wings they have to run. So if they fix porpoising theyll fix everything, theyll be able to run the car lower and that increases down force and fixes all their grip issues, and they will be able to reduce drag by running smaller wings as the floor now generates their required downforce and the floor does this more efficently than the wings so more down force with lower drag.
irunalot1518.00