View Single Post
      11-02-2020, 02:41 AM   #112
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Hamilton had made up the required time to come out ahead of Bottas and Verstappen after his pit stop...so the VSC made no difference.
If they hadn't thrown a VSC then Hamilton was scheduled to stay out longer and would have made up even more of a gap.
But yes the timing of the VSC felt a bit too convenient for Hamilton.

I don't at all believe that Ferrari deliberately sabotaged Vettel's pitstop, for a start some of the pit crew would have to be in on the plan and there would be every chance that someone might blab,....plus there is no upside for the team in seeing such an embarrassing botched pit stop.
The Italian press will not be at all impressed.
It was definitely a shame for Vettel who had put in a good performance that most likely would have gained him some points....even on the hard tyre which performed pretty well once warmed up.

I was a bit sad for Russel who had a great race right up until, just as he was spinning up his rear tyres to put some heat in them, he went over a bump in the track.
Definitely, he had made up the time to cover outright having putting in fastest lap after fastest lap. They were saying the pit stop delta was around 27 seconds and I think he was 28 or so when this all went down. I just remember watching it live that when whoever it was that pulled off the track it took the stewards just enough time to announce the VSC that he happened to to be coming up to the pit lane and ended it just after he got out. Maybe it’s just my memory being hazy cuz I was watching it at 5am here on a few hours sleep.

With Vettel, watching this whole saga unfold I feel bad for and frustrated for him at his treatment from the team. From the contract talks to the hair brained strategies race after race to even the car. Some part of me refuses to believe that he is this much worse than Charles this year. I’ve been a Ferrari fan since I started watching F1 and I don’t think he is getting treated with the respect that a 4x champion should be treated by the team.

As for Russell it immediately brought up Grosjean from a few years ago at Azerbaijan. He’ll eventually get a better drive if he continues to dominate his partner in a shitty car, just gotta have patience.
Appreciate 0