View Single Post
      06-05-2020, 11:50 PM   #25
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
I think the PP2 was supposed to be the 1LE challenger, and in the video in my first post you'll see it actually was quicker than the 1LE at the lightning lap. Just not as composed. Lot to do with Sport Cups the 2PP was wearing. With 30-40 more HP, some more TQ, and the GT350 chassis, cooling and trans I think this will be the car to best the 1LE. At similar price, VS the GT350.
Yeah, that seemed to be a one-off lap, but stickier tires don't hurt on the PP2.

And yes, I agree, this might have some potential.

IMO, the Mustang series is just never as "serious" and seems to need significant extra development to bring them up to that level. The GT350s were far too expensive to justify the performance, but performance was finally pretty good. PP2 and Bullit were the point that they finally got "serious" IMO. It's just that they should have had these cars back in 2016-2017 or so. The Mach 1 may finally surpass the 1LE with a healthy edge, but man it's been such a long time to get here. But again, I like the 350, PP2, Bullits and this Mach 1 concept. Finally.