View Single Post
      11-28-2023, 08:54 PM   #12
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrum View Post

The plan so far was to maybe buy a Honda gas powered portable generator to leave in my garage, select the few appliances I want to power on the breaker panel, and during a power outage plumb the exhaust gasses out the bottom of a cracked garage door.
This set up is responsible for a lot of deaths each year. The generators “walk” when running and put exhaust in the garage. Any exhaust leak is a problem. Stick it on a pad outside - there are fiberglass or plastic pads that are strong enough to support a generator (even a permanent one) if you’re worried about cost/space.

I recall the 2003 NE blackout where gas stations couldn’t power their pumps for several days, which means once the generators ran out of fuel, they were done until the power came back on. How many gallons are you going to store in your garage?

Really, I’d spend the money for a permanent generator running on nat gas with an automatic transfer/trip. That is the safest and most cost effective to run, and able to run long periods.
Appreciate 3
vreihen1615487.00
RickFLM410997.00
Maynard3858.50