Master Deep
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
It's weird. I thought that if the front plows into a corner (meaning that it turns too much) then we have oversteer. If the front doesnt turn as much as we want to then it's understeer. I made a comment like that before and it turned out I was wrong. Im wondering if I even got the word "plow" right.

As for the GT3. I think she was correct in that. When you turn the back end weighs more so it doesnt follow the corner as quickly as the front thereby inducing understeer.

Plowing = Understeer

I'm pretty sure it means the car pushes wide into corners, which means understeer.

Most 911's are setup to understeer a little so the general public does not kill themselves. Just never lift or brake during a turn. Since the engine is in the back, when u brake or lift off, the weight transfers to the front, which is fine in a straight line. But do it in a corner and that will send the back end out. Not as much anymore in modern 911's due to PSM, but still very possible. Understeer can be corrected w/ proper modulation of the throtle.
Appreciate 0