11-11-2020, 03:35 PM   #14
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Then let it go!!

Whatever it takes to bring back sprint racing I'm all for. We need to end the following farcical elements:

1. Lift and Coast
2. Drive to a Delta
3. Maintaining the Gap
4. Holding positions
5. Manage your tires.
6. Brake Temps too high

Can anyone else think of any other gems that have turned F1 into short endurance races?
they re all a bit integrated MK.. fuel saving and tire management is the ultimate sprint killers in my opinion.. i hate tyre management part for some time already.. and yeah brake temps are so high.. if you cant get close to the car in front to overtake whats the point of shaving some time from aero right..
if you ask an engineer he d probably say, brake temps shouldnt be that low as well it should optimal i need data for it but still it doesnt make sense for primary thing.. overtaking..

then i ll share an other one i told this in some other thread..
racing line's higher grip is ok.. but most of the time except the racing line almost tracks are so dirty that has no compromise to even think take another line.. or go off from the racing line even on the straights that much cause all the dirt sticks to the tires.. tracks needs to be cleaner.. and i dont think cleaning will be that hard each municipality uses such machinery all over the world.. 5-10 of them can make a difference in few hours or less on each track.. it ll be better for race starts as well.. and i guess you ll send these ideas to somewhere..