Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
they re all a bit integrated MK.. fuel saving and tire management is the ultimate sprint killers in my opinion.. i hate tyre management part for some time already.. and yeah brake temps are so high.. if you cant get close to the car in front to overtake whats the point of shaving some time from aero right..
if you ask an engineer he d probably say, brake temps shouldnt be that low as well it should optimal i need data for it but still it doesnt make sense for primary thing.. overtaking..

then i ll share an other one i told this in some other thread..
racing line's higher grip is ok.. but most of the time except the racing line almost tracks are so dirty that has no compromise to even think take another line.. or go off from the racing line even on the straights that much cause all the dirt sticks to the tires.. tracks needs to be cleaner.. and i dont think cleaning will be that hard each municipality uses such machinery all over the world.. 5-10 of them can make a difference in few hours or less on each track.. it ll be better for race starts as well.. and i guess you ll send these ideas to somewhere..
These are great points. CF brakes work differently than steel composite but the basic principles remain the same. Sacrifice aero for proper cooling and mandate a minimum inlet size along with 3 disc sizes just like they do tires to be run at each track. Cars out of the race because of brake failure is total BS.

And you are 100% correct. I love green track racing. They should sweep the track after each session and start from zero. It will separate the very good from the great. The track condition would change on every lap just like racing in wet-changing conditions. This should be mandated.

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
yco5724.50