BBri89
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d xDrive M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
All I have to say to this is look at the last race. Max span out not once, but twice. Hamilton did not. Better driver makes all the difference.
Hamilton has more than twice the years in F1. Experience is key.

Compare Max with twice the experience, or Lewis when he wasn't experienced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Really?
Hamiltons first 9 races with near zero F1 seat time were all podiums considerably outscoring the then current 2DWC Alonso.
He would have won the 2007 DWC bar a gearbox fault at the last race. He then went on to win the 2008 DWC.

And after 5 years he still manages to not win races he should have (see Istanbul) because he lacks the instinctive talent to control the car at the limit of adhesive and more importantly he lacks racing intelligence.
Lewis's first 9 races were in a car that should have won the championship that year, and did the next year.
Max has never raced in a car that should have won the championship.

And Lewis lacked racing intelligence too in his early years... making simple significant mistakes, attracting a number of penalties, throwing away better places. He was raw, and needed refining.
But since then he has become a far more rounded racer, a polished diamond.

Max hasn't had the benefit of that time yet. He is also several years younger than Lewis was at the same stage. So he lacked a few years experience of competing in the lower but high-talent formulas. As well as the human factors too.

I'm not saying Max is a better driver than Lewis now, because he's not. Maybe over one lap in the same car he is. Over a race he doesn't have those honed skills Lewis does.

And I'm not saying in a few years he'll be a better driver then than Lewis is now, because we have no way of predicting the future. But you can't compare Lewis now and Max now, it's not a fair comparison.

My progress thread
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60046.00
fanatic11018.50