Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBri89 View Post
Hamilton has more than twice the years in F1. Experience is key.

Compare Max with twice the experience, or Lewis when he wasn't experienced.

Lewis's first 9 races were in a car that should have won the championship that year, and did the next year.
Max has never raced in a car that should have won the championship.

And Lewis lacked racing intelligence too in his early years... making simple significant mistakes, attracting a number of penalties, throwing away better places. He was raw, and needed refining.
But since then he has become a far more rounded racer, a polished diamond.

Max hasn't had the benefit of that time yet. He is also several years younger than Lewis was at the same stage. So he lacked a few years experience of competing in the lower but high-talent formulas. As well as the human factors too.

I'm not saying Max is a better driver than Lewis now, because he's not. Maybe over one lap in the same car he is. Over a race he doesn't have those honed skills Lewis does.

And I'm not saying in a few years he'll be a better driver then than Lewis is now, because we have no way of predicting the future. But you can't compare Lewis now and Max now, it's not a fair comparison.
The last is accurate...the emboldened is questionable. Lewis has never made the type and volume of mistakes that Max has. Raw, yes. But Lewis hasn't banged wheels like Max has. He as always raced hard but fair. Young and inexperienced, yes...banging wheels and the bulldozing Max has done, not quite.

Lewis has the best rookie season in the history of F1. As you stated, his first 9 races were stunning...all podiums. And what I'm not seeing from Max is the ability to take each advantage as it comes. As I shared earlier, he has had over 20 opportunities at tracks that suited the RBR package and he converted 2 of them to poles. Two. And he's been in a top 3 car for all but the time he was at Torro Rosso. That is a dismal record. And yet there are people who say he is faster over one lap. And the same people say that Max is the Rain Master. These are both fictions bordering on the ridiculous.

These are the reasons that I find it laughable for people to have the stones to say Max is better. It is a display of emotionalism and propaganda over facts no matter where you compare their careers.

Lastly, if Max doesn't get his head together, he will go down as another fast but ultimately disappointing F1 driver. Somewhat similar to Jarno Trulli. Fast over one lap in a few situations but not much else as far as results.

Great post!

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.

Last edited by MKSixer; 11-19-2020 at 02:41 PM..
Appreciate 3
tdott3942.50
minn1914034.50
fanatic11018.50