United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d xDrive M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBri89 View Post
Even at Mercedes the collision with Rosberg in Barcelona was entirely prevented by Lewis lifting off when he was on the grass. He was never going to keep the place and ended up causing the crash.
Rosberg might have forced him off, but Lewis was the one that kept his foot in during an always 100% futile attempt to keep the overtake going. He lost control and hit Rosberg.
Fiction. ROS derated and shut the door. He even admitted as such in interviews. Had ROS been in an opposing chassis, there would have been a penalty.

Lauda admonished Lewis about not waiting because ROS derated but the fault was clearly on the side of ROS.

At 13 seconds ROS forces HAM off the track. He is not on the racing line and doesn't leave room to race. The tactics of his mentor...MSC.

Rosberg was the one that forced Lewis off track, I totally get that, and I even said as much above.

But Lewis was the one who kept the throttle pinned once he was off the track. That's what caused him to lose control and crash into Rosberg.

So Rosberg was in the wrong, but Lewis was the master of his own destiny there... he still could have avoided it becoming a crash. All he had to do was lift off, even a little bit, and pull back onto the track in 2nd place.

Lewis today would lift I think. Because he's got a more long-term big picture thinking process. But 5 years ago even he still had a bit of rashness.

It was an entirely avoidable accident by either party. Lewis had full ability to avoid it becoming a crash, and did not.
It's better to be alright than in the right.

My progress thread

Last edited by BBri89; 11-20-2020 at 02:56 AM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick59587.50