tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Fair enough.
Myself I think there are certain metrics and comparisons that give a pretty good indication of where any particular certain driver sits in the overall rating of modern F1 drivers.
But sure no one can be 100% certain.
I ask about the 2007 season (which you obviously didn't see) because it was the most outstanding rookie season of any driver pretty much in the history of F1...not because of the car but because of who Hamiltons was up against in the other car.
That's really irrelevant and a bit of a petty and silly condescending shot, and who cares, really? Fact of the matter is that there are too many variables, period.

You guys are just speculating and not being objective. If everything can be averaged out and 'reasoned' away, why do the manufacturers bother spending $$$ on developments trying to get a leg up on the competition?

Anyway, I don't need to be part of this silly circle jerk as many of you only have opinions and aren't stating facts. There is really only 1 way to find out. Wake me up if they (whoever thinks they are the best) agree to it.

EDIT: and another thing, you could put a complete dweeb in one car and have the 'best driver' in another and if the rest of the field conspire to box the latter in, what can he do? Cars spin out, have accidents, strategies, poor patch, oil slick on the road, bad judgement, etc etc etc, and this is all in addition to the myriad of other factors I've only touched on its surface in my OP yet many of you still think you can compartmentalize all of them and determine maybe not w 100% certainty but perhaps 90%, 80%, what? I guess you can decide that Mercedes is X% better than Ferrari and so on, etc? LOL gimme a break smh.

Last edited by tranquility; 11-27-2020 at 09:59 PM..
Appreciate 0