View Single Post
      12-02-2020, 03:52 PM   #76
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
I agree with most of this. I do think Bottas has some skill and it is shadowed by overall circumstances.

To be fair though, I think HAM is an example of top notch skill and top notch chassis. If in a lesser chassis as in the past, wins wouldn't come so easy, but would likely still come.

BOT benefits from chassis to place him second, but has been given his spot based on the relationship with Toto (his manager).

Others on the grid would yield better results, but aren't given the chance for reasons stated above.
Yep. Lewis’ skill and experience couple to Bottas’ “lack of” is tough to overcome. Plus I don’t think he has that alpha mentality. Look back to the Rosberg days, Lewis may be a better and more accomplished driver heading into that relationship but there were tussles cause Rosberg didn’t back down, whereas Bottas is coming up and doesn’t want to ruffle feathers relegating him into a clear 2nd driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
I'm glad they chose a current F1 driver, but how quickly can he adapt to the W11? The opportunity can certainly be double edged. If he qualifies 0.5s behind Bottas and doesn't have a good race, won't the shine (and his reputation of an up and coming star) take a big hit?

Personally I hope he does well and at least can match Bottas.

While I was initially disappointed to hear about Hamilton testing positive, it's certainly going to be a most interesting weekend to see someone else in the car.
My gut tells me he’ll be right there in the end considering the car and the lack of corners this time around.
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00