09-03-2020, 01:37 PM   #44
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Same here. My grandfather and his best friend each bought a season ticket in the early 1960s to have something to do on Sundays. We kept them in the family until two years ago. We had killer seats at RFK, I got to watch a ton of games there as well. When they moved to Fedex we were in the lower ring. Awesome seats there as well.

The tickets were never cheap, but if we ever needed to get rid of some we had a 'waiting list' of our own. As the team got worse and worse, interest dropped off for our friends and family and it got to the point where we literally couldn't give the tickets away. When they came up for renewal two years ago, we declined.
Our seats were in Box 4 in the mezzanine. We were right below the owners box and to the left of it was the radio booth. Saw Sonny & Sam, and Frank all the time, plus dignitaries walk the catwalk over to Cook's box. Hotdog stand was 25 feet away. And we never got wet either. Lol. Our seats in FedEx sucked, getting into FedEx sucked, and Snyder sucks, so we bagged it after 3 seasons. RFK had the best hotdogs.

You haven't lived unless you've seen a Redskins/Cowpersons game at RFK.

With Kappernick/BLM now, I could give a rats ass about the NFL.
Appreciate 0