Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I feel your pain. I go out of my way to park far away from everyone, seeking out the perfect end spot. It never fails, when I return someone is parked right on top of me. It happened to me Monday. I parked in the middle of nowhere, the lot was wide open and I was far away from the stores. I come back and some jerk parked right on top of my passenger side. I don't know how he got out of the car without dinging me. And I checked it closely before leaving.

I told a guy one day that parking lots had the same etiquette as urinals. You don't come right next to me unless you have no other choice.
It never fails. Happened to me yesterday. I spent a few minutes crawling and looking for any marks (even touches).

There was another thread here discussing WHY this happens, and I think some folks enlightened me that cattle tries to find other cars to “guide” them into the spot, as people can’t park using the lines, since they just guide themselves based on distance to other cars.

The other day I saw a woman pull up at Costco next to the car in front of me using this “technique”. She managed to go over the first line and hug the second (Costco has a double line so you can ride the cart in the middle, and it serves the purpose of being able to open doors wide too), coming so close to the other car…

I wish there was something we could do when that happens…
Appreciate 0