Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post
So I am relatively new to the sport compared to most of you, so I didnt see Lewis come up or his years at McLaren, but I have watched many old races after the fact.
Here is what I see (MY OPINION):
Lewis used to race on shear race craft and overtaking talent. He would outsmart people, outdrive people out of corners, push them into bad lines, every lap was an all out duel. As Lewis has matured, he has a different approach. Instead of each lap being a battle that must be won, he takes the race as a whole and controls it. As we saw in Portugal this year, he doesnt care if he gets passed in the first few laps. Its wasnt worth the risk in those conditions to go all out when he could manage the entire race and still come out on top. So many races over the past 2 or 3 years have gone like this. Lewis's "luck" is not luck at all but intense strategy from the start. When the race starts to get near the end, the plan falls into place and he takes a convincing victory that makes everyone think its just the car or luck. Lewis has gone from a brawler to a tactician and its brilliant.
Awesome post!! The unpacking of my assertion, "He started off as Senna and has now become Prost."
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0