View Single Post
      02-20-2012, 02:33 AM   #1
fattychalupa
Rep
Drives: 1996 Lexus ES

Does money really follow passion?

For all of the board members who consider themselves "successful" (which I assume is a large number if they can afford a Bimmer), did you end up following your passion as a career? Or did you choose a job that you knew would be financially stable?

The reason i ask this is because right now I'm a college first year (I posted this thread recently) and while I should be worrying about when the next party is going to be like any other normal college student, I can't help but wonder if I'm making the right choice with my major (business). My real interests lie within both fine art photography and cooking- passions that earn crappy incomes in the real world unless you get lucky. I mean, I could eventually start a business in either of those two fields, so right now I don't know if business is just a stepping stone towards getting a dream career or if I'm just on the wrong path in the first place. Accounting and finance are always a safe bet, but holy crap are those classes a cluster*ck of boredom, and I don't want to waste years of my life only to realize I made the wrong choice.

Any words of wisdom?

Last edited by fattychalupa; 02-20-2012 at 02:38 AM..
Appreciate 0