View Single Post
      05-29-2021, 09:31 AM   #61
mcboatface
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4

First post here...

Ordered a 30i in April. It was completed on May 10. It's still in Bremerhaven waiting on a ship. Two ships have left Bremerhaven headed to Brunswick since my car was delivered to the port. Didn't make it on either.

Then there was a holiday in Germany and the port was closed for 4 days. But for some really odd reason, trips have been cancelled and schedules changed so that we are now in a two week period without a single ship leaving from there for the east coast. Normally, there are ships every day or two.

What's even odder is that the next ship, K-Line's Niagara Highway, has been sitting at anchor outside Bremerhaven for two days despite there not being a single RoRo in the port at the moment. The schedule for this ship just slipped 3 days. I can't for the life of me understand why this 3 day delay when there must be thousands of cars lined up, ready to ship to the east coast, and no backup in the port.

WW also changed its schedule, again, for more delays so that now there are ships scheduled for 6/1, 6/4, another one on 6/4, 6/5, 6/6, 6/7, etc. The last ship to leave there for the east coast was May 22.

Sorry, just had to vent. I am completely baffled about this endless delay...

Happy to be part of the group!
Appreciate 0