07-19-2019, 02:08 PM   #125
See5
BMW Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
I found a possible issue. There does not seem to be anything that protects the radiator below. Most mid engine cars have the radiators upfront and probably run some types of piping back to the engine in the back. GM seems to place the radiator in the back probably for cost saving. From the picture, I don't see anything that will protect the radiator in case of a bird strike lols. That may also explain the heavier rear weight bias vs. other mid engine car.

This car is built like almost every other midengined car. Radiators up front. Its weight distribution is no different from any of the others either. Please stop.

What you’re looking at are probably driveline heat exchangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
do not be fooled by the base price. The GS was ~70k and the Z06 spartan edition that could go to the track (only to overheat a lap later, but that's a different story...) was 90k

Rest assured the equivalent C8 versions will be more expensive.

Personally I don't mind them being more expensive as long as they function properly. People pay obscene amounts of money for Porsches with tiny itty bitty engines that cost 100k (Cayman S I'm looking at you) so no reason why the Vette's performance editions have to be cheap. But if it's a performance edition it had better work at the track
Early Z06s did overheat. Later Z06s with the higher S/C plenum and auxiliary radiator do just fine at the track. The C7 Z06 was nowhere near spartan either.

Last edited by See5; 07-19-2019 at 02:14 PM..
Appreciate 1