FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
I think the PPT on the farm ran about $1,700 last year, which is about what my house here on 5 acres (assessed about the same as yours) was as well. Farm has a kind of hunting cabin on it with elec and water, but appraises at like $50K of the value of the farm.

By comparison - she paid over $4K in taxes last year. For a house that I would guess to be a $150K-$160K class house? Mostly because it is in a good neighborhood with good schools and has nice upgrades inside. The things she pays to live there are insane.

She can't wait to get out. They will never be able to outvote CHI and everyone fleeing are leaving non-CHI areas, so it only makes it worse faster.

I have a buddy that moved to CT for a good job. It petered out after a few years and he landed another job there, but he wished he had not. He says many of the same things - terrible taxes and terrible policies. He said they are not talking about how to tax people that USED to live there or some such nonsense. LOL
Sounds like my area. Taxes in 99% of the good areas are at least $4k per year. I paid over $4k a yr in taxes when I owned a house in NJ.
Appreciate 1
unluky7516.00