View Single Post
      06-05-2019, 04:33 AM   #22
Jim S
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i G29

Garage List
My dealer sent me the latest response received from BMW UK regarding the problem with stones getting into the M Sport brakes on my M40i. I am taking the car in for the requested inspection tomorrow.

"BMW UK Technical have replied to the further information we sent them this morning. To paraphrase, as the vehicle is a new model, there will be some feedback generated to AG, however they do not expect a solution introduced to prevent stones from being picked up by the wheels. They would like us to confirm the brake components fitted to the car are correct and to check the brake shields, even though they believe they cannot be fitted incorrectly. Is there a possibility the car could be made available for us to check the parts fitted are correct and we can reply to the Technical case? This will give us an opportunity to take some images and measurements that they requested in their initial reply.

it is worth pointing out there have been no other issues of this nature reported to BMW UK, other than your own. We copied and pasted your entire email to the technical case, so they are aware of all your comments."
Appreciate 0