View Single Post
      07-02-2019, 08:21 PM   #8
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

I've a Sony 16-35mm Vario-Tessar for wide-angle/landscape photography, for more closeup and street/portrait stuff I've Sony 55mm F1.8. These two lenses are pretty small as compared to G master lenses and much cheaper. I had Batis 25mm f2 which I sold for 16-35mm, I always shoot landscape with a tripod at around f8 to f11 so a faster and bigger+heavier lens didn't serve any purpose. The quality would be better with a G master but only necessary and noticeable in a professional setting.

24-105 G lens is a great choice though, I'd have opted for that if I didn't require something more compact/lighter and wider angle of view.

I'd highly recommend the prime 55mm f1.8, light weight and small in size(you'll click more when it's easier to carry around), very sharp, excellent autofocus, beautiful bokeh, great for portraits and street photography (which would also include clicking cars ) and also good in low light situations. Set up your 24-105 at 55mm and see if you like the field of view and if it serves your purpose.
Appreciate 0