01-16-2016, 04:44 PM   #568
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
ynguldyn,

With the F22/F23/F87 LCI now a lock for MY2018 in 2017 (albeit with exact dates not yet known), we can safely say the same for F32/F33/F82/F83, no? Given their SOP dates, this should definitely be the case.
I would expect that to be the case, but I don't have access to the exact dates anymore (that's something I only had for a short time and lost about a year ago).
Quote:
Speaking of all that, anymore news about a green light for an F88 M2 convertible?
At this time I only know that it's a thing.
Quote:
Other things I'm waiting in anticipation for any information on:

- High output B48 (or similar engine code) at or near ~300hp for UKL vehicles

- Above engine takes over the 35i designation, soon to be completely vacated due to the B58 moving all six cylinder gasoline models up to 40i across the board (I think this makes sense and is a good bet)?
Possible (probable?), but no hard info on this yet.
Quote:
- Future of the BMW V8 and V12. Ride the current 98mm bore-center architecture into the sunset, or replace with a B*-family-compatible 91mm bore-center designs (would necessitate displacement reduction to 4.0L and 6.0L respectively)?
Nothing on this. Not a peep. I'm willing to make a small bet that the the next solution after N63TU2 and such will be a deep B58-based hybrid.
Quote:
- Sub 3-Series RWD model prospects after the current F2x 1 Series and 2 Series go out of production. Yes or no? If yes, CLAR-based, UKL-based (somehow, some way, from some crazy reason), or something else (help from Toyota, future FT86 platform)?
Ask me in two years. (Scott's probably your man for this - he releases info of this type earlier than it comes to me through my sources.)
Appreciate 1