Bighorns
bimmer newb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
This.

But 10/15 years ago the speeds on the Autobahn were much higher, the environmental/green lobby & recession takes its toll, cars are driving much slower on the Autobahn atm. In some parts heavy traffic doesn't allow it either.

I remember driving every spring from my hometown via Germany to Basel Switzerland for about 10 years. Speeds are going down overthere.

Last time(sept 13) we took about 10 mins of Autobahn and >160kmh/100mph some local Germans were already in the way blocking us...

The myth soon will be over I'm afraid.

Cheers
Robin

Your post supports the point that the majority of drivers will drive at a speed that they feel comfortable with, and safe, regardless of where the speed limit is set.
The intent of my original post was not meant to be serious, but it has taken that turn. But because it went serious, the excellent point was brought up that we have artificially low speed limits which actually increase accidents.
Of course unlimited speed limits are not practical. It was a "what if" fantasy question, just like, "what if you hit the lottery?"
Appreciate 0