03-19-2021, 03:09 PM   #134
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Not sure if this has been posted already:

It's a much better design than the abomination that BMW put out even though I'm also not entirely a fan of it.
All automakers should have Foose on retainer. The company submits to Foose their approved design and then he fixes it. He has a knack for improving and cleaning up looks all the while still maintaining the designer's underlying design vision.

I totally agree with everything he says about the M3 design, especially the total lack of incorporation of the rear fenders. It seriously looks like shoddy body work. I know the prior gen M3 had a similar issue with the rear fenders, but this execution is downright terrible.

Even with all my problems with the M3, it still looks better than then M4. The M4 stinks of a prior gen Accord coupe and Mustang being blended together and the worst design elements of those two cars being highlighted in the M4. It's such a shame. These two cars stink of current gen Civic Type R tackiness. Who cares how great it might drive when no one will want to be seen in it?

BMW will continue to sell a bunch of cars, but their base has changed. It's really become a posers car brand and the customers not knowing much about cars at all. All they care about is the BMW badge, the interior, and the tech.

Last edited by XutvJet; 03-19-2021 at 03:18 PM..
Appreciate 1
BMWinAZ104.00