View Single Post
      06-04-2008, 12:35 PM   #19
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
You're hearts in the right place, but don't do it. He needs to do things on his own. It sounds like he may be given things all the time in pity. He accepts them and has found a loop-hole to not work.

How can he not find a full-time job in all those years?

I have a friend that's similar, we'll call him A (age 28 or 29). He's been given so much stuff, that he doesn't try. He went to college when the rest of us began (he had been out of H.S. for several years). He quit after a year. He then began working at a church part time I believe when he moved home.

He claimed he was going to get his Realtor License. I gave him the benefit of doubt, even though I knew he would quit. Another friend, B, vocally made a bet that he wouldn't finish. That set off a fire storm of anger from the people close to A towards B. He quit. His Probe died, and was given his parents Mazda. He know lives in Austin running his best friends aunts shop. They pay for his apartment, I believe. Given him a Tag watch, and believe he drives one of their rides.

He's a good guy, and means well, he's just been spoon feed his entire life. I don't know the rest of the story, but it sounds somewhat similar.

Maybe the best thing you should do, is have a one on one and find out why he won't work.
Appreciate 0