View Single Post
      02-18-2021, 08:55 PM   #31
TheGingerOneNI
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geradeaus View Post
That must have been an interesting drive. Did you replace the tires with snow tires? Did you turn on DTC?

If I ever see snow from the driver's seat of my car I've made a huge error in planning. Of course, living in Florida helps with that. The biggest risk is picking my car up at the Performance Delivery Center in Spartanburg, South Carolina at the end of March. I am planning on driving the Blue Ridge Parkway through the mountains after delivery - I'll be anxiously watching the weather forecasts!
Nope, still running on Pilot Super Sports and put the car into Eco Pro. Just very gentle on throttle, brakes, steering etc. I slowed all of my movements to 10% of what I would normally do. If you ever get the opportunity to do a 'skid pan' then ask them to simulate snow. They lift the car so the tires barely touch the road surface and any harsh acceleration, steering or braking sends the car out of control.

In N.Ireland the weather can be wildly unpredictable at this time of year. That day was lovely and dry in the morning and then about 3 inches in a couple of hours. I took a chance and left work early to get home in case it got worse and 4 hours later the snow was all gone again.
Appreciate 0