12-11-2014, 10:46 PM   #12
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
A "tarted" up econobox that'll show your 435i its taillights. I honestly don't see what you're even getting at.

S = appearance oriented
RS = performance oriented
An S line Audi isn't appearance oriented. In fact, by a quick glance an RS looks more performance oriented than it's RS equivalent.

I think the distinction of an S is typically more in line with what a high trim level non M level BMW (with a comparable M-Sport configuration) is.

For example, an S3 is in line with what an M235i is, much in the same way as an S4 and an S6 is more in line, horsepower wise, with a 335i and 550i respectively.

RS competes along with the likes of M and AMG. As for the RS3, I think it looks fantastic and has the stats to back it up. What Audi does so well is make a design that isn't so in your face (looking at you Lexus). They took a page out of their sister company Porsche. It's aggressive enough to be pleasant to the eyes but not so over the top so that, just like Porsche, the design ages incredibly well. This is a car where 10 years from now it'll still draw your eyes to it in a positive way.

Reminds me of the older Mercedes and BMW's of the late 90's early 2000's. I still turn my head whenever I see a E39 540i or M5.

Last edited by fecurtis; 12-11-2014 at 10:55 PM..
Appreciate 0