10-20-2009, 03:07 PM   #53
JSH
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
The problem with your argument is that Rubens outperformed Button in the second half of the season... If it was just the case of the fully funded teams catching up, then how do you explain Rubben's performance and 2 wins?

Also, JB does not suck, but he is very one dimentional, Hobbs and Matchett always comment on how smooth he is with the steering inputs, but they always say that he cannot drive an oversteering car...
Why is that relevant here? It's because he is not a driver that can adapt to any car and any conditions and just find a way to be fast...
If the car is balanced and neutral, and the tire temperature is optimal, he will drive well... If the car is not so balanced, he is not good at communicating to the engineers to get it there, and he cannot cope with it and gets bad results... If the tires are not at their optimum temp, he cannot overcome that and gets lost mid pack and just blames the tires....

That's why he is a good driver, but not a worthy champion
Well, Rubens was chasing and Button was trying to protect his championship position by not making mistakes or taking risks. Conservative? Yes... Unworthy?, no.

As for drivers who have trouble when the car isn't perfect.... well... I can think of only maybe two guys in recent times who could win with the undriveable car. Schumacher (M) and Alonso. Everyone else bitches and moans anytime the car isn't up to scratch - it's normal, they suffer from a condition known as "I am a racing driver".
Appreciate 0