Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
So Round 1 thru 7 doesn't count anymore???

To me...this is called selective statistics....to pick part of the statistics in favor to your argument...If Vettel or Barrichello won this year...are they worthy champion??? we're gonna raise the question too...

Vettel didn't have a competitive car in the beginning of the season...and Barrichello had multiple mitakes of over-torquing his gearbox race starts....

Afterall....FIA World Champion is being decided with 17 races....with a certain amount of point available for grab...

its a like marathon...for the first 8-10 miles...the leader build up an insane gap...then in the last 10 miles...other runners are catching up....but whoever crosses the line first wins (as who can grab the MOST available points first)....

if we're using Bernie's medal system....Button would've win the champion months ago....

(Bernie should've be glad that didn't happen...)
This.

F1 is a team sport. The BrawnGP team won and their driver was Button who did what he was supposed to do... win. Would I rather have seen Vettel or Reubens win? Sure! But that doesn't take away from the fact that Button won fair and square.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0