View Single Post
      03-01-2019, 10:36 PM   #10
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

I also own combustion bikes, 2 stroke and 4 stroke. They are nice on the track (well the 4 stroke is...) because you have full power from warmup til the tank runs dry. Right now all the electric bikes on the market will overheat if ridden by a skilled rider on the track, that includes the now defunct Alta. Overheating is not a problem for me on the street even if I mess around. Right now all my gas bikes are race bikes so I don't ride them on the street.

This bike is about bringing up the front end all the time, jumping onto sidewalks, up embankments and stairs, flying thru the air, doing quick turns and stoppies, hitting up the city park and MTB trails while nobody blinks an eye. It is perfect for those roles, so don't think your S1000RR or whatever compares, just like this bike won't do 190 mph. Different bikes do different things well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
You can get a Ducati Monster for $14K
Not a real supermoto, plus I wanted a stealth bike. How is it not a real sumo? Simple, not enough suspension travel; you can't really jump it. Also kind of heavy.
Appreciate 1