Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-technik-3 View Post
Car to elaborate in off topic so we can hear about this? I have an Ipod that's full of music that I did not buy from Apple. and would hate to loose it next time I plug in to add more music
I think we are OK here especially since it's (General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos) I have no clue how this happened. I know my music was all there in January but last week I noticed my iPhone connected via Apple Car play to my Toyota Tacoma was playing all the same songs over and over again in "shuttle". All my music was intact on my ipad but I was down to 30 or so songs on the iPhone. I found that Apple has replaced iTunes with iMusic. I had iTunes set up to do auto back ups. I suspect that is where the problem started. I did everything I could do to get either my iPhone or iPad to show my music on iMusic with no luck. I read about 20 posts on the issue and still no luck. iPad had addition issue in that the connector is not compatible with any of our windows workstations. I have a Apple iMac graphics workstation that I could connect the iPad but I still couldn't get the iMusic to see the songs. I did a little home work and found that there are about 50 programs out there to work around Apple. I went with iMazing and in about 10 minutes the iPad and iPhone were sync'ed and the music now shows up in iMusic.
My conclusion is that Apple is trying to force you into Apple Music. I'm not playing. Sad that I had to pay for a third party program to fix this but that is the way of the world these days.
Appreciate 2
chassis6621.00
eugenebmw1530.00