View Single Post
      11-10-2020, 04:36 PM   #7
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

lets give all teams a couple of Merc' engines and we can see its not all about the engine.. since F1 is not a cup series it wont happen of course.. Red Bull leaving F1 is not good for their brand rep as well but they can live surely without F1.. and i believe F1 can live without Red Bull as well..

budget cap is needed for smaller teams but im not sure it ll mean they can be successful that way as well.. cause its a big team sport that each personnel counts and managers decisions teams general mood and efficiency plays a big role.. i believe F1 needs some simplification, if going back to NA engines is not possible getting rid of some electronics or at least make them common can work..

but more importantly urgent thing is reducing the aero factor in all Formula series if needed.. cause its not a time attack event in the end and some action is needed both for drivers and fans..

i told this earlier may sound radical but overtaking mostly possible on braking in motorsports unless the car in front makes a mistake.. make F1 brakes less efficient and make them have a longer braking distance.. this will give drivers more chance to overtake and instead of braking 1m (which ll be 0.0XX timing error on hard braking points) can ruin everything a longer braking distance will make things slower on braking and overtaking easier.. with this aero package braking is crazy efficient.. i dont mind cars going slower cause if a driver cant follow a car because of the disturbed air there is nothing do from tech side and drivers side anyway.. and from safety side.. when things go wrong, like losing control locked wheels erases the strongest brakes anyway.. and actually in F1 they use the full braking force only on the initial braking part.. lets diminish that part..