View Single Post
      12-08-2015, 01:01 PM   #30
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

Great discussion here. I've always thought that the all-motor Porsche 991 would be mind blowing.....I finally got to drive one HARD and for several hours since my buddy rented one for the day during his layover here in L.A. It wasn't an S but I still expected something a little more - needless to say I was very dissapointed. It sounded great at HIGH rpms, pulled a little but just lacked the grunt needed to entice me. No I wasn't looking for top speed, or a max-revving, all-motor sound.....I guess you could say that since it was a new 991 I was expecting a LOT more.

That being said - I find that the overall experience of my M4 is just great. I couldn't be happier - even with the non-V8 exhaust note. I have the AWE Exhaust installed (non-res) and love the sound my car makes. It's grown on me and is quite intoxicating. For some I guess "sound" is so important. and I get it. But the reality for me is the overall experience of that "sound". Your car doesn't wail all the time. Mostly we're driving around town, going on nice drives and the occasional grocery run. My car sounds great in all these scenarios where I spend 90% of my time driving (the other 10% is track days or highly spirited driving). Small accelerations, on-ramp/off ramp surges, easy overtaking on the freeways...Just so awesome in the M4. The ride quality is also juuuuust where I want it to be - without being unnecessarily bone jarring. So much win here.