View Single Post
      05-25-2008, 07:10 PM   #1
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture
Major
Rep
Drives: carefully

$2.99 Gas from Chrysler

Alright, so I'm sure most of you have seen the new campaign that Chrysler is holding with all thier companies (Jeep, Dodge, etc.) in regard to the $2.99 gas.

Well I have a couple of questions.

1. I am almost sure that this campaign is done by Chrysler signing a contract with a major gas retailer and sending all the cars to them for fuel. Furthermore, there has to be some sort of method of reseting the actual gas price to the $2.99 price. For instance, its not like every gas station in the US is going to have a special pump with $2.99 gas, just for Chrysler vehicles. So how do they set that up?

2. If setting up a contract with a major retailer, is the way that they are able to issue $2.99 gas when most prices are over $4.20/gallon, then how come every major gas company executive is saying that there is no premium on gas? I.E. Isn't the difference between $2.99 and $4.20, essentially the spread?

3. How come we, as drivers, can't approach BP and also sign a contract with them? Something along the lines of, "OK we'll come to you and only you, for fuel, but instead of charging me $4.00/gallon, only charge me $2.99".

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0