View Single Post
      04-09-2019, 01:42 PM   #13
STR3T
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 sDrive30i

Actually...that’s a pretty stellar freakin’ review, especially relative to early prognostications I’ve read on these forums. You know…those with very little in the way of real intel at the time.

I've been a fan of the Z3/Z4 and this one seems to be just about precisely what BMW wanted to make...a comfortable 2-seater that can also happen to haul ass and look fantastic doing so.

The only real negative, as usual, is the price. Especially since that's why they went into this venture w/ Toyota, in order to keep price down…hmmm.

So should BMW build a car, with less comfort/power/grace and compete with Miata’s price point...or do what they've done and be forced into comparison with Porsche? Well, it's BMW so...higher price, of course.

Either way, folks would complain that it was either too watered down an effort competing w/ Miata or "not quite" a Porsche, so why bother buying the Bimmer?

Sub 8-minute NRing tells me plenty too. Personally wouldn't be driving the car this hard...much less tracking her.

Whether used as a daily driver or just weekend fun...this quasi-M car has plenty enough under the hood for 90% of drivers, whether they want to admit it or not.

Now, bring on a hefty discount or low mileage CPO please!
Appreciate 0