Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 Z4 M40i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
The Boxster got a bad launch and was able to pull ahead so even if they used a US spec M40i, with a proper launch the Boxster should still be ahead. Also, none of these cars were designed for drag races. I'd be more interested in a track times like Nurburgring, which I bet the Boxster would have an advantage.
with a 0.1 second difference, the extra 42hp would definitely made up the difference.....assuming the hp difference is actual, then it equates to 4-5 tenths in the quarter mile. That said, I don't expect the difference to be so severe.....but I'd put money on the Z4 even against the far more expensive GTS. The regular Boxster S would be even farther behind.

I love the Boxster; I almost bought one.....but the Z4 has a better engine with better sound and more power. No it isn't going to handle as good as a Boxster but it is much closer than I expected. The looks and 40% price advantage sealed the deal for me but I still like the Boxster as well.

As far as the Nuburgring is concerned, the M40i has already produced a very impressive 7:55 run. works for me.

Dave
Appreciate 0