06-11-2019, 10:40 AM   #8
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtGigglebox View Post
I honestly dont understand why the GTS is routinely measured against the M40i. The price difference is 'significant' for any sort of apples to apples config. Where should we be drawing a line in terms of what seems to be a competitive option? If the boxster was literally twice as expensive, would it get the same comparisons? Three times as expensive? I just dont get the repetitive story of "oh, well, we compared the Z4 to this $100k+ version of a boxster and it came up short - particularly if they arent going to measure against the strongest in the line (US spec).
To be fair. The folks at Carwow tested the hottest BMW Z4 version available. Just need to wait for the US zines to have the same test. Although I bet the results aren't much different.

Fact is ... people are actually rather used to BMWs being able to punch well above their weight. 1M vs Cayman R vs TTRS and or NISMO 370 were all the rage for the 1M intro.

The disappointment here is that the Z4 M40i isn't BMWs best effort possible. BMW doesn't have an Z4M or Z4M Competition to offer
Appreciate 1
gnx759.50